HIFU Focal Ablation of Prostate
Focal strategy for prostate conditions is playing a growing role in today's clinical management. By combining the latest imaging and ablation technologies, Focal One® brings the answer to current requirements for ideal focal therapy: accurate MRI and 3D Biopsy image fusion, non-invasive approach, as well as precise and efficient HIFU energy.
Pre-treatment - MRI and 3D Biopsy import and fusion
- MR Images and 3D biopsy maps import from PACS or CD
- Elastic fusion to automatically match the 3D contours of the prostate on the MRI or 3D biopsy volume and the scanned Ultrasound images
Per-treatment - Precise contouring of zone to be treated
- MR targets and biopsy core locations automatically displayed on live ultrasound image
- Area to be ablated precisely defined
- Live follow-up of HIFU shots
- Ablation planning adjustable in real time
Optimal technology combination for ideal focal HIFU
- MRI and 3D Biopsy Import and fusion with real-time ultrasound imaging
- Precise contour definition of target areas
- Non-invasive state-of-the-art HIFU technology
- Precise robotic movements
- Unique Dynamic Focusing technology
- Real-time tracking and adjustment of energy delivered
- Quality of life preservation
- HIFU is radiation-free and therefore can be repeated and does not prohibit other treatment modalities
Dynamic Focusing Technology
- Electronic displacement of the focal point
- Precise ablation of the targeted area
- Conformational treatment
Focal ablation of prostate tissue
The ablation of prostate tissue using HIFU is considered "focal" when a part of the gland is spared. This regroups different strategies, such as nerve sparing, hemiblation, multifocal or single focus targeting ("Index lesion").
Advantages of Focal HIFU
- Precise ablation of the designated area within the prostate sparing the remaining of the gland
- Preservation of patient's quality of life
- Possibility to perform any other treatment if needed
Focal One Video
Live focal HIFU ablation with Focal One. Step by step procedure with Dr S Crouzet and A Gelet at Edouard Herriot Hospital in Lyon, France.
Please fill out the form to know more about Focal One® device.
Focal One brochure
Please fill out the contact form to retrieve the Focal One brochure.
HIFU can be subject to local regulations. For more information, please contact us.
* In the United States, Ablatherm® Fusion and Focal One® are indicated for the ablation of prostate tissue. HIFU can be subject to local regulations. For more information, please contact us. ExactVu™ micro-ultrasound system is available for sale in the European Union (CE Mark), the United States (FDA 510(k) clearance), and in Canada (Health Canada license). It can be subject to local regulations. For more information, please contact us.