HIFU Focal Ablation of Prostate
Focal strategy for prostate conditions is playing a growing role in today's clinical management. By combining the latest imaging and ablation technologies, Focal One® brings the answer to current requirements for ideal focal therapy: accurate MRI and 3D Biopsy image fusion, non-invasive approach, as well as precise and efficient HIFU energy.
Pre-treatment - MRI and 3D Biopsy import and fusion
- MR Images and 3D biopsy maps import from PACS or CD
- Elastic fusion to automatically match the 3D contours of the prostate on the MRI or 3D biopsy volume and the scanned Ultrasound images
Per-treatment - Precise contouring of zone to be treated
- MR targets and biopsy core locations automatically displayed on live ultrasound image
- Area to be ablated precisely defined
- Live follow-up of HIFU shots
- Ablation planning adjustable in real time
Optimal technology combination for ideal focal HIFU
- MRI and 3D Biopsy Import and fusion with real-time ultrasound imaging
- Precise contour definition of target areas
- Non-invasive state-of-the-art HIFU technology
- Precise robotic movements
- Unique Dynamic Focusing technology
- Real-time tracking and adjustment of energy delivered
- Quality of life preservation
- HIFU is radiation-free and therefore can be repeated and does not prohibit other treatment modalities
Dynamic Focusing Technology
- Electronic displacement of the focal point
- Precise ablation of the targeted area
- Conformational treatment
Focal ablation of prostate tissue
The ablation of prostate tissue using HIFU is considered "focal" when a part of the gland is spared. This regroups different strategies, such as nerve sparing, hemiblation, multifocal or single focus targeting ("Index lesion").
Advantages of Focal HIFU
- Precise ablation of the designated area within the prostate sparing the remaining of the gland
- Preservation of patient's quality of life
- Possibility to perform any other treatment if needed
Focal One Video
Live focal HIFU ablation with Focal One. Step by step procedure with Dr S Crouzet and A Gelet at Edouard Herriot Hospital in Lyon, France.
Please fill out the form to know more about Focal One® device.
Focal One brochure
Please fill out the contact form to retrieve the Focal One brochure.
HIFU can be subject to local regulations. For more information, please contact us.
* In the United States, Ablatherm®, Ablatherm® Fusion and Focal One® are cleared by the FDA and indicated for the ablation of prostate tissue. HIFU can be subject to local regulations. For more information, please contact us.